I haven't had time to create anything new in the last few days. Being so close to Christmas my days have been filled with baking, shopping and wrapping. I am 99% done, but since we are celebrating late this year I'm not in any rush to get it all done during the mad rush. With only one major mall in town, it's a little crazy this time of year and although I haven't stayed away from the mall completely, it's been a much different experience than most that are rushing around there at this time of year. This year has been refreshingly relaxing for both my husband and myself (though I'm sure it's always relaxing for him,) and I have certainly noticed the difference. I have been much more relaxed since moving to the Okanagan and this Christmas so far has been very different than the normal hustle and bustle we've experienced in the past. I am looking forward to a quiet Christmas day at home with my 2 favorite men, anticipating the arrival of our 2 youngest girls later in the week.

I wanted to share this wrapping trick I have been using for the past few years. How often have you been without the right sized box and had to raid your cupboard for cereal boxes? I like to reuse boxes we already have in the house rather than purchasing boxes, saving money and reusing something one more time before it gets recycled makes me feel a little better about the environmental footprint we are leaving behind. A few times however, in recent years, the younger kids have unwrapped their gifts and thrown them aside thinking they received a box of cereal or crackers. Also being the photographer in the family, I was noticing so many of my pictures were looking like we only had food as gifts, and though there is nothing wrong with that, I wanted the focus of the pictures to be on the moment, not the colorful boxes the gifts were wrapped in.

A few years ago I go the idea to turn the boxes inside out, starting by finding the seam of the box, I separated the seam and turned the box inside out and taped it back together,  hiding the colorful printed side on the inside. It's best to use packing tape for this but in a pinch regular scotch tape will work.

 

Once the box has been taped, it is ready to be filled and wrapped.


Merry Christmas everyone!





Comments